Welcome to Carmen D`Anna's Blog

Welcome to Carmen D`Anna's blog on Cold Sassy Tree written by Olive Ann Burns. People who may be reading this might find my personal thoughts on Cold Sassy Tree and some facts about myself. If you read further you will find out about my family and how I am similar to my mother, and which sister I am closest to.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mistake Story

In the book Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns Will made a mistake that is dangerous and impulsive. Will walked across a train trestle. Will made it halfway across when a train starts to come down the track. Will still found a way to make it out of getting injured but he still could have died. The author makes this part in the book very vivid because she is describing everything that is happening about Will and the train.
A time when I was making a dangerous mistake was when I was around six years old. I was with my little sister in the car when my mom was talking to her friend outside and I decided to go to the front seat and put the car in drive. She had told me beforehand to not go in the front seat, but of course a six year old is not going to listen. The car was also on a hill at the time. My mom and her friend started running to the car and my mom’s friend jumped in the side and put the car in park. That was a stupid and impulsive mistake and I never touched the handle to pull it into drive until around last year.
Will Tweedy and I have somewhat similar mistakes. I made mine happen, but he and I still did not know what was coming. When I was going down the hill I was having fun because I did not know at the time that it was too dangerous, but Will knew what he was getting himself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment